Throwing On The Wheel

First Time Experience

when I first got on the wheel to throw my first bowl, I had a hard time with pulling the clay and maintaining the from of the bowl. I try to use all of the information that I gather so that I can have a idea of what I wanted to do. But failed and made a sloppy bowl.

Giving It Another try

The second day of wheel, I manage to maintain the from and made the walls a little higher then it was the first time around. As I was pulling the clay to from the walls, I realized that I was making the walls too thin which caused it to crack and slump downward. Scene I so proud of myself for creating a descent looking bowl, I didn’t want to destroy the bowl. I decided to pinch the wall that was crumbling to from a triangular bowl shape.

Practice Make perfect

After watching a handful of videos on throwing on the wheel, I got an idea of how to center, open the clay, and pull the wall so I that I can create ideal from. Not only did I watched videos, I also watched a few of my classmates and how they master the wheel. By taking all of the knowledge the I’ve gathered, I finally created a piece that I was pleased with! I make a small bowl with wall that are the some thicken.

One Response

1. Miss A at |

You have made good progress over only a few weeks. You were working on a sculpture last year when some students were headed to the wheel, so continue to give your self some time. Are you ready to work on the kick wheel? You might watch Emma work on it one day, and then try it for yourself. It will teach you a lot about the speed of the wheel and how to move the clay on center.

Reply